The RD Officer will participate in the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of International Medical Corps’ institutional donors. The Officer assists with developing fundraising and partnering strategies, writing proposals and reports, drafting correspondence and communication for donors and prospects, developing presentations and materials that communicate International Medical Corps’ expertise and programmatic strengths, and working with and supporting staff across all departments to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward individual, foundation and corporate donors and prospects. The Officer will support International Medical Corps’ executive and senior staff in the preparation of their institutional external meetings and manage a portfolio of donors and prospects.
Donor Cultivation, Solicitation and Stewardship
• In collaboration with all departments and field staff as appropriate, develops proposals, including writing, editing, and formatting, and prepares letters, concept notes, proposals, presentations; predicts and prevents unnecessary bottlenecks in proposal and report development by staying abreast of all proposal components; communicates challenges as they arise; and identifies and assists in implementing solutions as needed.
• Supports communication, interaction, and tracking of communication, concept notes and proposals throughout the funding process for foundation and corporate donors and partners.
• In collaboration across RD and other departments, maintains the knowledge and expertise to develop and, when needed (in partnership with communications), execute a series of donor communication materials, including letters of inquiry, concept notes, proposals, reports, presentations, updates, emails and more.
• In conjunction with the Senior RD Officer, Senior Director, Institutional Advancement, VP, Institutional Advancement and other key staff, supports, contributes to and participates in the development of strategy, pitch materials and talking points for institutional donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardships; and develops strategies for continued engagement and cultivation of corporate and foundation donors and prospects.
Cross-Departmental Communication and Support
• Maintains strong linkages with International Operations, Health Technical Unit, Nutrition, Food Security and Livelihoods, Development Innovations and Finance Departments to ensure high-quality proposal development, implementation, and reporting. Participates in regular meetings and briefings to stay abreast of programs and operations.
• Assures development and maintenance of excellent relationships with all departments, field staff, and major foundation and corporate partners throughout the proposal development process, while maintaining the relationship with the funder during the project implementation phase and final reporting; works with all departments to identify opportunities for corporate and foundation engagement, and stewards the relationship before, during and after funding.
• Leads cross departmental-related projects, such as the public RD pages on OneCorps; globalgiving.org and similar venues that bridge fundraising, social media and communications as needed; and RD communications with field/desks (e.g., regular RD activity reports).
Compliance, Tracking and Reporting
• Assures compliance with operational policies and regulations, including RD operational policies and procedures.
• Adapts programmatic content to meet needs and guidelines, including capability statements, monitoring and evaluation plans, and budgets.
• Coordinates research for institutional donors and prospects to support donor outreach and communications as needed.
• Lead and/or support administrative functions such as maintaining the RD donor dashboard, updating the RD tracking tables, taking meeting minutes and comparable duties, as assigned.
• Performs other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.