International Medical Corps
International Medical Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Start Over with Job Search
If you already have a profile?
Please login here
18-294: EA$E Technical Manager
Essential Job Duties/Scope of Work:
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
The EA$E technical manager will be based in Baghdad. His/her primary responsibility is to provide technical support in the pilot of the EA$E component of a PRM supported program to be implemented in Anbar, Baghdad and Ninewa. He/she will ensure that all IMC staff delegated to manage and implement the EA$E component will be provided with the knowledge and skills to initiate, maintain and replicate the EA$E initiative. As the technical adviser, the position holder is required to mentor and coach field staff, lead and coordinate assessments and activities related to the EA$E component in consultation with the PRM budget holder, GBV technical coordinator and grants coordinator.
• Ensure all EA$E activities (VSLA, DG and Business Skills) are implemented on time and with high quality.
• Establish detailed work plans for each site for the full project period, in conjunction with relevant team members
• Lead monthly review meetings with EA$E staff in each program site
• Facilitate or/and guide all EA$E Training of Trainers sessions and train field staff accordingly.
• Conduct regular field visits to each site at least twice a month, visit at least four discussion groups per site and visit during business skills training at least 3 times per site.
• Manage the EA$E monitoring system, ensuring tools are used properly and data is recorded and analyzed in a timely manner. Compile country-level VSLA MIS data
• Contribute to monthly and quarterly reports on the evolution of program activities
• Follow up partnership with one local NGO, including the identification of partner, development of a common project document, and participate in CEFE training, conducting field visits, review partner reports and provide feedback as necessary.
• Actively address challenges in program implementation and implement solutions in relation to the EA$E component
• Work in close collaboration the country program unit
• Carry out any other tasks as required by his/her supervisor
• Identify candidates as economic empowerment supervisors
• Supervise the economic empowerment supervisors’ staff including field officers and supervisors relevant to the EA$E component of the PRM program
• Conduct, plan and organize training needs and opportunities for team members directly implementing the EA$E component of the program
• Develop performance plans, conduct performance evaluations, and in coordination with the PRM program manager, manage vacation days as per human resource policy.
• Contribute to the efficient management of project budget in coordination with the PRM program manager
• Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in international or community development, business administration, social work and social administration or related field
• Experience in setting up EA$E program essential
• Experience working with community groups
• Extensive training and mentoring skills
• Management experience and the ability to work as part of a team and to foster team spirit
• Experience working in resource limited and post-conflict settings preferable
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Familiarity with savings and credit schemes, business administration and/or livelihoods programming
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong computer skills (Word and Excel)
• Commitment to and understanding of gender equality, women’s rights and empowerment