SUMMARY: Under direct supervision of the Senior Director, International Programs, the Program Manger serves as the primary focal point for management, coordination and administration of program development and delivery in assigned country missions so that International Medical Corps can fulfil its contractual obligations and commitment to beneficiaries, donors and stakeholders. This position will manage multiple Program Officers and serve as a primary liaison with counterparts in the International Medical Corps’ U.K. office to ensure consistent and coordinated program support to country offices, internal departments, and donor organizations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation.Specifically, the Program Manager will work with Country Directors, project leads in assigned countries, and all relevant departments at HQ (Security, HR, Logistics, Finance, Compliance, GCM, HRU, Legal etc.) to:1. Provide support and direction to the assigned program officers and country teams in the delivery of the overall program and its activities in accordance with key performance indicators;
2. Ensure that program officers understand and are able to perform their roles effectively;
3. Set and monitor performance targets, completion of assigned tasks, and workload of program officers;
4. Oversee proposal development and timely reporting to assigned country teams and ensure proposals are in compliance with donor regulations and required approval processes;
5. Coordinate with relevant HQ teams and other departments on financial, programmatic, fundraising, HR, TU, Logistics, security, compliance, oversight, input and compliance;
6. Receive and share necessary information with UK-based program counterparts to facilitate cross-learning and regional approaches and oversight as well as ensure timely information exchange;
7. Ensure the utilization of grant management tools, capacity building of country grant managers/ coordinators, monitor compliance with Grant Management guidelines, ensure awareness of compliance with donors’ regulations and report monthly on grant portfolios;
8. Work closely with relevant internal departments and field teams to ensure legal oversight and compliance with internal and external regulations;
9. Identify funding opportunities in collaboration with the field teams and at the HQ donor level; Support Country missions’ HR/Staffing plans, policies, procedures and structure that can facilitate the delivery of Program activities and positive employment relationships;Visit the country missions as required to assess and strengthen appropriate management; coordinate with relevant departments in scheduling and detailing visits to relevant mission by other departmental members to provide required support; Raise the profile of International Medical Corps through active participation in Interaction fora, conferences, workshops, outreach events, and communication opportunities in line with senior strategic objectives and priorities; Contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of the organizations Code of Conduct, ethics, values and stand-point with regard to internal and external actors; Actively support safeguarding activities (PSEA, TIPS and Child Safeguarding) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive. This job description is subject to review to ensure that it reflects the need and strategic direction requirements of International Medical Corps and its affiliates.Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the responsibilities specific to the job, as well as the ongoing capacity to stay abreast of changes in job functions.
Demonstrates the ability to work cooperatively and effectively with other employees. Maintains good work relationships both internally and externally and has the ability to work productively as a team.
Demonstrates the ability to make informed decisions
Problem Solving Skills
Demonstrates the ability to use creativity, reasoning, past experience, information and available resources to resolve issues.
Compliance & Ethics
Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these standards to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Takes responsibility for actions, decisions, and outcomes. Can confidently take the lead role on a team.