1. The Ebola treatment unit in Makeke, Ituri province funded by OFDA through WHO.
2. The WHO project supporting Infection prevention and control actions, the construction of screening and
referral units, the training of staffs and prepositioning of IPC Supplies in Beni and Butembo.
The Technical Director will assist the Emergency team leader to ensure the technical soundness of the entire program
and will participate in the technical meeting at the national level to ensure the visibility of the organization among the
EVD response partners. He will visit periodically the sites to ensure quality program deliverables.
• Technically lead the International Medical Corp’s health program strategic planning, design and implementation in close coordination with The Emergency Response team leader, donors and other implementing partners in DRC.
• Technically support the Medical Coordinators, IPC health coordinators in Beni, Butembo and Makeke.
• Participate in the technical coordination meetings at national level.
• Serve as the liaison of International Medical Corps in its effort to support the clinical trial and the compassionate care.
• Forster trainings for IMC staffs on clinical trial and research for future strategic planning.
• Lead the development of the strategic planning for the DRC ERT to ensure the capitalization of lessons learnt.
• Periodic technical supervisions of field sites to ensure the quality deliverables.
• Work closely with the SRU Director and WASH Coordinator, IPC health coordinator to ensure their interventions are technically sounds.
• Technically represent International Medical Corps in the coordination meetings and task force meetings
• Work with the SRU director and Other program staff program coordinator and senior management team to draft concepts for future funding following the protocols and formats of each relevant donorOther duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
It is our shared responsibility and obligation to prevent matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Trafficking in persons, Child Safeguarding and any suggested violation to our Code of Conduct, which may involve Conflicts of interest, Fraud, Corruption or Harassment. If you see, hear or are made aware of any suggested activities then you have an obligation to report.
• Medical background(Doctor or nurse) with MPH /strong public health experience
• Experience of implementing Ebola response program (case management, screening and referral units, Infection prevention and control, community engagement
• 5 years of working experience preferably with International Organization.
• Experience training staff and supervising staffs.
• Familiarity and experience with sectors including health, community engagement, and mental health and psychosocial support.
• Knowledge of and experience in program design, implementation and documentation.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required, with demonstrated experience in writing reports.
• Excellent computer skills, including experience with: Excel, PowerPoint.
• Ability to conceptualize, plan and implement program activities creatively, as well as possess the ability to analyze data and utilize lessons learned for the continuous improvement of program implementation and to promote a culture of learning.
• Fluency in written and verbal French and English required.
It is our shared responsibility and obligation to prevent matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Trafficking in Persons, Child Safeguarding and any suggested violation to our Code of Conduct, which may involve Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption or Harassment. If you see, hear or are made aware of any suggested activities then you have an obligation to report.
International Medical Corps UK is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran