International Medical Corps
International Medical Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Start Over with Job Search
If you already have a profile?
Please login here
18-407: Finance Manager
Essential Job Duties/Scope of Work:
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
The Iraq program aims to provide health, MHPSS, GBV interventions to conflict-affected populations. Due to the evolving situation in the region, the ability to adapt program interventions feasible to the context will be a constant need.
The Finance Manager oversees the day-to-day financial activities of one program or program site finance technical/administrative activities and reporting. The Finance Manager reports to the Iraq Finance Director.
Accounting and Finance Management
• Supervise and ensure that the day-to-day accounting operations and financial management functions in field offices are performed in accordance with internal policy and procedures
• Review procurement transactions to ensure adequate supporting documentation, accuracy of coding, allocation, amounts and control over payments
• Suggest formats for financial reporting to aid financial report users to better understand the contents of the reports for decision-making and strategic planning purposes
• Ensure the maintenance of accurate records of financial transactions in field offices in order to monitor financial status of all project activities
• Oversee the management of the finance team to meet the financial reporting requirements of in-country management and Headquarters; This function includes ensuring that all financial reports are submitted on or before the deadlines set and contain relevant information for all the users of the financial reports
• Assist in the preparation of all financial reports for external purposes in respect to accounting, legal and contractual requirements
• Maintain the system of accounts ensuring all accounting data are updated, reconciled and fully supported. Specifically, ensure timely data entry of financial data in to CostPoint on a daily basis
• Recommend and oversee training of finance staff and provide technical support to Program and Logistics staff as needed.
• Assist in or prepare budgets as needed
• Present & facilitate review of monthly actual to budget expenditures (Pipelines) with Budget Holders and country management
• Provide recommendations for budget realignments as required
• Ensure compliance with internal and donor regulations and procedures; establishing Finance and supporting function policies, systems and procedures, and directing or performing their development, documentation, and implementation
• Make frequent visits to field offices provide relevant support and training to IMC staff on internal procedures and requirements
Human Resources Management
• Ensure compliance to local labor laws
• Assist with the recruitment and selection of qualified field Finance staff, recommend promotions, disciplinary action and termination of staff in consultation with Finance Director
• Maintain open lines of communications with all field staff
Training/ Capacity Building
• Train senior national staff to increase their responsibilities in order to build capacity and ensure sustainability of programs
• Advocate and plan for professional development for national staff
• Maintain frequent communication with Finance Director to ensure Finance activities and objectives are communicated
• Work with program and Logistics staff to ensure the coordination of programs are within budgeted targets
• Attend coordination meetings as needed
• Interface with government and relevant agencies to ensure compliance with government regulations when necessary
• In coordination with the Finance Director, serve as a liaison with donors on matters related to the program to ensure financial and programmatic accountability to donors
• Participate in donor meetings and communicate relevant information to Finance Director and Country Director
• Participate in the production of reports and ensure the timeliness and accuracy of information provided, as well ensuring confidentiality of sensitive information
• Contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of the organizations Code of Conduct, ethics, values and stand-point with regard to internal and external actors
• Ensure application and compliance of security protocols and policies
• Facilitate emergency and non-emergency security expenditures
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
• Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and among beneficiaries service by International Medical Corps
? A university degree in Accounting or Business Administration
? Excellent communication and representative skills (written, oral, cross-cultural)
? Ability to multitask and deal with stressful situations.
? Ability to adapt within the working environment and work in a team setting.
? Second language skills highly recommended and for some missions required.
? At least 3 years working in a conflict–prone environment
? Minimum 3 years’ experience in a non-profit organization, including an extensive experience in the administrative and financial management of overseas programs or equivalent combination of education and experience.
? Extensive experience in working with computerized accounting systems
? Experience in working with a large national staff team
? At least 3 years previous field experience in a relief NGO, ideally in a similar role.
? Minimum of one year of previous experience in an NGO in managerial position
? Previous experience in security management.
? Knowledge of various donor financial regulations and experience in procurement and logistical procedures and policies
? Demonstrated exemplary diplomatic, management and interpersonal skills;
? Good verbal and written English language skills
? Ability to deal with local and international colleagues objectively