International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs.
Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
Working under the direct supervision of the Payroll Manager, the Payroll Officer will be responsible for a range of payroll functions for international and domestic Payrolls, including supporting multi-state payrolls in a complex regulatory environment. The position requires the individual to work closely with the Payroll Manager and Senior Payroll Administrator in processing various payroll tasks.
1. Checks payroll documentation and payroll systems for accuracy.
2. Ensures employee records reconcile between systems (Costpoint and ADP).
3. Maintains EE changes and updates between ADP and Costpoint. Approves Employee Self Service changes (Tasks) in ADP.
4. Processes new hires, terminations, and pay adjustments
5. On as needed basis, generates off cycle wires and/or live checks for Intl and HQ EEs,
6. Responds to questions and requests from employees related to Western Union Global Pay enrollment.
8. Responsible for safe guarding payroll records. Implements established internal controls and processes. Ensures payroll-related compliance policies and procedures are followed.
9. Payroll document/data management
10.Performs other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
- Solid knowledge of payroll practices
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with multi-state payroll practices and payroll taxation
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now Familiarity with timekeeping practices in a multi-site environment