The Logistics Coordinator works under the direction of the Country Director and in close collaboration with other Heads of Department and Global Logistics staff. S/He is part of the country Senior Management Team.
The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for the overall Logistics department deliverables, with primary focus on timely acquisition and delivery of project input, equipment and services in support to the International Medical Corps operations and in compliance with the International Medical Corps’ internal and relevant donors’ procedures, rules and regulations.
• In charge of the correct implementation of International Medical Corps standard systems and procedures for procurement, warehousing, transport, vehicle fleet, asset management, GIK management.
• Ensure segregation between projects is reflected in documentation, goods/equipment/services management, tracking, reporting and use.
• In charge of training Logistics & procurement staff, inducting and educating Logistics department customers on logistics principles, standards, systems and procedures.
• Responsible for capturing, analyzing and reporting data, conducting documented periodic controls.
• Remain updated of donor policies and procedures and is responsible for timely dissemination and consistent application across the country program.
• Develop logistics strategies, represent and advocate on behalf of the logistics department at country level, represent positively International Medical Corps at external logistics forums.
• Manage the country logistics and procurement activities, coordinate effectively each logistics department sectors using (minimum) IMC logistics management techniques.
• Pro-actively coordinate with heads of department and develop logistics solutions, ensure members of the logistics department are consistently oriented to customer satisfaction while carrying on their activities in support of other departments, feed other departments with relevant logistics information and data useful to enhance project deliverables.
• Through effective direction of the procurement section, is accountable for the timely acquisition and delivery of equipment, goods and services in support to the implementation of International Medical Corps projects.
• He/She is responsible and accountable to support Project Managers in compiling the logistics-related sections of the procurement plan in a precise and timely manner and following International Medical Corps’ systems, items standardization in collaboration with and anticipated launch of procurement activities to enhance project timely work-plan implementation. He/she is then responsible to submit the procurement plan for approval to the Regional Logistics Coordinator
• He/She is responsible and accountable for suppliers’ pre-qualification, transparent and competitive bidding, selection of most-appropriate contracting mode (Blanket Purchase Agreements, scheduled deliveries…), contract design in line with country legal practices and the overall quality and compliance of procurement documentation.
• Promote enhanced business and advanced negotiation practices, positive business relations with suppliers, timely delivery of goods & services to International Medical Corps, documented quality /quantity control and swift subsequent payment in line with agreed payment terms.
• He/She’s responsible and accountable for the timely delivery and regular feedback on procurement process to requester/customers (including progress of procurement planning and progress of individual procurement requisitions).
• Identify Productivity and Quality evaluation indicators, collect feedback from customers and business partners/suppliers; adjust procurement strategies accordingly, work toward and document best Value-For-Money indicators related to procurement services.
• Specifically responsible and accountable to ensure implementation of US Export regulations and Anti-terrorist regulations as relevant.
• He/She has the accountability to ensure that the procurement department plan and execute market surveys regularly for frequently purchased supplies and services and a price list of average market prices is kept and available to internal stakeholders for budgeting and bid evaluation purposes
• Responsible for the design and deployment of country specific Logistics information management and reporting system in line with prescribed standards to capture, track, analyze and report logistics data, standard information and auditable documentation on weekly, monthly, quarterly and project-based including documented mandatory controls.
• Ensure correct acquisition, deployment, maintenance and tracking of: