International Medical Corps has been present in Cameroon since 2008 and is active in the East, Adamawa, North, Far North and Littoral (through partner M.A. Santé) Regions of Cameroon, investing in efforts to increase access to safe, affordable health care among the most vulnerable and high-risk populations in Cameroon. These populations include IDPs and refugees who have fled poverty, drought and violence in Nigeria or CAR as well as the communities that are hosting them. International Medical Corps works to keep communities stable by implementing primary health care, gender-based violence prevention and survivor services, child protection, water and sanitation, epidemic disease surveillance and nutrition programs. Partners include government ministries, local NGOs, mayors, and regional leaders. International Medical Corps has considerable experience in building the capacity of MoPH officials, CHWs, and health workers such as nurses and doctors, to improve the quality of services, and with enlisting the support of key community informants to ensure community-wide engagement. The fact that 65% of the 183 full-time employees in the region are employed locally also gives International Medical Corps good integration and acceptance within the community.
The role oversees IMC’s response in assigned Field Sites and is responsible for timely and high-quality program implementation and support. He/she will provide supervision and leadership to both program and operational staff at the field site (in collaboration with Technical Coordinators /Program Managers, ensuring adherence to agreed work plans and reporting schedules as well as full compliance to IMC’s policies in the areas of Finance, HR, Logistics and Information Management. The Field Coordinator works in close coordination with Yaoundé Head Office Program, Finance, HR and Logistics senior staff, as well as technical staff to ensure that programmatic and operational strategies are implemented at the field site.
· Provide technical support and supervision of nutrition activities to those staff implementing nutrition programs in Far North Region of Cameroon and ensure program objectives are successfully achieved.
· Conduct and train staff on needs assessment for project implementation including SMART surveys, causal analysis and other assessments of nutritional status of target groups according to the donor agreement.
· Assess the training needs of nutrition staff; develop a training program to meet these needs; conduct nutrition training for project nutrition staff and MOH counterparts implementing nutrition programs, focusing on all aspects of community-based management of acute malnutrition (CMAM), IYCF, behavior change communication, etc
· Ensure the establishment and strengthening of nutrition monitoring activities and train health staff (IMC and MOH) in case detection and referral mechanisms
· In coordination with the Field coordinator oversee all International Medical Corps programs activities in North and Admaoua and be responsible for ensuring all program activities are of excellent technical quality
· Lead work plan, spending and procurement plans development and review for each Grant in North and Admaoua and ensure they are matching and applied by program managers/support service officers within the subdivision;
· Ensure each program has a training plan exist in the first month of the project and it is applied accordingly;
· Ensure each program conducts monthly spot check in the warehouse for their respective supplies and material;
· Contribute to concept notes and proposals development for all programs in the covered areas;
· Assist in developing formal and informal training materials to build the capacity of line ministries, refugees and the host population with the support of Technical Coordinators;
· Assist in development of a monitoring and evaluation system for the programs
· Ensure that supplies and staff movement plan to and from North and Admaou region are in place
· Provide technical input for health data analysis, interpretation and reporting as well as management of common causes of morbidity and mortality
· Ensure financial pipelines are developed by programs’ managers and other programs’ focal points in the area under its responsibility and applied
· Ensure planned program activities are in line with the budget and executed in a timely manner.
· Work with Logistics for an effective supply chain and timely procurement of procure program supplies.
· Adhere to IMC and donor requirements and flag any funding challenges.
· Ensure PTS is updated on weekly basis and shared with programs and Yaounde
· Ensure Monthly Logistics report is sent within the set deadline
· Put in place a follow up system to make sure all PRs signed are executed within a reasonable deadline
· Oversee the recruitment and selection of qualified program/support field staff, recommend promotions, disciplinary action and termination of staff in consultation with supervisors;
· Ensure all budgeted staffs are in place within the first month of each project
· Follow up on resignations, dismissals and other departures in order to fill gaps within a month.
· Track all recruitment processes and seek support from Field Coordinator or SMT Yaounde in case of need
· Ensure all staffs are appraised on time and appraisal performance files shared with Adm/RH assistant
· Collaborate with Security focal point/Field Coordinator to maintain security of staff in the North and Admaoua Regions.
· Ensure annual leave plan for each staff and support services exist and is applied;
· Maintain open lines of communications with all staff in North and Admaoua Regions;
· Support the development of codes of conduct for all staff and make sure it is applied. Take appropriate measures in case of its violation.
· Ensure a professional development plan exist for staff and opportunities are taken into account according to their needs
· Supervise and mentor all sector head in the subdivision.
· Provide appropriate and timely feedback to program staff regarding their performance, including annual staff performance appraisals.
· Attend humanitarian coordination meetings organized in the region and communicate relevant information to the FC
· Work with key donor staff to develop and maintain optimum programmatic relationship
· Ensure maximum visibility of the agency amongst the NGO community
· Facilitate the production of technical reports and ensure the timeliness and accuracy of information provided, as well ensuring confidentiality of sensitive information.
· Contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of IMC’s mandate, ethics, values and stand-point with regard to other actors
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
· Nutrition training and field experience in Community-based Management of Acute Malnutrition
· Ability to read, writes, analyze and interpret, technical and non-technical in the English and French language.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions from senior managers in the field and HQ, counterparts, senior government and other related regional players