International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
A series of powerful earthquakes struck the Indonesian island of Sulawesi on Friday, September 28. The largest quake, a powerful magnitude 7.4, shook the region at 5:02 p.m. local time, triggering a tsunami, major liquefaction and landslides that hit nearby coastlines, including the coastal city of Palu. The quake was centred about 35 miles northeast of Donggala and 50 miles north of Palu, which have a combined population of more than 600,000 people. Indonesia’s National Agency for Disaster Management Agency (BNPB) spokesman, Sutopo Purwo Nugroho, stated that an estimated 2.4 million people were affected by the earthquake and tsunami. State authorities also report more than 82,775 people displaced and at least 10,679 injured. International Medical Corps’ Emergency Response Team arrived in Jakarta within 48 hours of the disaster and began coordinating with national and local actors to determine the scale of need and consider potential interventions
PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
oversees the day-to-day financial activities of program site finance technical/administrative activities.DELIVERABLES
Accounting and Finance Management
• Supervise and ensure that the day-to-day accounting operations and financial management functions in field offices are performed in accordance with internal policy and procedures
• Review procurement transactions to ensure adequate supporting documentation, accuracy of coding, allocation, amounts and control over payments
• Suggest formats for financial reporting to aid financial report users to better understand the contents of the reports for decision-making and strategic planning purposes
• Ensure the maintenance of accurate records of financial transactions in field offices in order to monitor financial status of all project activities
• Oversee the management of the finance team to meet the financial reporting requirements of in-country management and Headquarters; This function includes ensuring that all financial reports are submitted on or before the deadlines set and contain relevant information for all the users of the financial reports
• Assist in the preparation of all financial reports for external purposes in respect to accounting, legal and contractual requirements
• Maintain the system of accounts ensuring all accounting data are updated, reconciled and fully supported. Specifically, ensure timely data entry of financial data in to CostPoint on a daily basis
• Recommend and oversee training of finance staff and provide technical support to Program and Logistics staff as needed.
• Assist in or prepare budgets as needed
• Present & facilitate review of monthly actual to budget expenditures (Pipelines) with Budget Holders and country management
• Provide recommendations for budget realignments as required
• Ensure compliance with internal and donor regulations and procedures; establishing Finance and supporting function policies, systems and procedures, and directing or performing their development, documentation, and implementation
• Make frequent visits to field offices provide relevant support and training to IMC staff on internal procedures and requirements
• Maintain frequent communication with Country Representative to ensure Finance activities and objectives are communicated
• Work with program and Logistics staff to ensure the coordination of programs are within budgeted targets
• Attend coordination meetings as needed
• Interface with government and relevant agencies to ensure compliance with government regulations when necessary
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
All Consultants are required to adhered to and promote International Medical Corps shared responsibility and obligation to report matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Trafficking in Persons, Child Safeguarding and any suggested violation to our Code of Conduct which may involve Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption or Harassment. If you see, hear or are aware of any suggested activities then you have an obligation to report to International Medical Corps.
International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal consultancy opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.