The tasks listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Compliance& Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Minimum medical degree; preferably with a Master's in Public Health
• Minimum 5 years experience in overseas humanitarian programs (preferably developing country or low- resource setting with an NGO) at the senior level relating to infectious diseases, secondary health care, and communicable diseases
• Previous Ebola response experience
•Experience in setting up and managing strong supply chain (pharmacy and supplies) required
• Must have excellent communications skills, both oral and written; fluency in English is required
• Experience in effectively dealing with international and headquarters staff, as well as donor agencies, government officials, and other NGO’s; the ability to work with a broad spectrum of people
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently
• Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations
• Ability to relate to and motivate staff effectively, be self-motivated
• Creativity and the ability to work with limited resources
• Ability to assume non-medical responsibilities from time to time to cover for other team members
• Skills and knowledge in program sustainability and capacity building, public-private partnerships and project monitoring and evaluation (both quantitative and qualitative methods)
• Proven capabilities in leadership required - Fluent French is essential
• Strong negotiation, interpersonal and organization skills, understanding of the extreme nature of this outbreak, as well as the physical capabilities to endure wearing full personal protective equipment for periods of time
It is our shared responsibility and obligation to prevent matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Trafficking in Persons, Child Safeguarding and any suggested violation to our Code of Conduct, which may involve Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption or Harassment. If you see, hear or are made aware of any suggested activities then you have an obligation to report.
International Medical Corps UK is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.?