International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
This post is essentially to provide support, mentoring and capacity building to the Human Resources Manager currently in post who is responsible for providing professional administrative support and HR-related services to the Iraq country programme and staff. This position should ensure that IMC is compliant with the HR policies and practices enable IMC Iraq to work in an effective, efficient and consistent manner in compliance with both Iraqi regulations and IMC policies and procedures.
IMC Iraq is a growing and dynamic programme, having grown from approximately 300 local and 11 international staff to 1200 local and 32 international in less than a year. IMC Iraq has 3 major sites: Erbil, Dohuk and Baghdad with the HQ in Erbil
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation:
Assess the current strengths and weaknesses of the HR department
- Develop a training and mentoring plan to enable the HR department to work efficiently with a particular focus on the current HR Manager, this to cover:
- The senior HR staff from Erbil, Dohuk and Baghdad have all the necessary systems in place and adequate supervision by Erbil over the sites takes place
- the recruitment, selection and hiring of new staff is performed to the requires standard
- ensure that all mandatory training courses are undertaken by all staff and that this is recorded
- visit various sites as appropriate and provide support to the HR staff
- Ensure that a staff orientation package is in place and staff receive all the guidelines such as code of conduct etc
- Ensure HR manual is up to date and circulated
- Ensure that staff evaluation is conducted in a professional manner
- Ensure that job descriptions are developed for new positions and reviewed/revised for ongoing positions as required,
- Ensure that all administration functions are working smoothly – e.g. international staff accommodation, guest house maintenance etc
- Ensure complaints mechanisms are understood by all and implemented
- Assist with setting up independent compliance department
Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
"To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation."
Graduate level in HR/Management/Business
- Demonstrated training and mentoring experience
- Minimum 5 years experience with HR in an NGO
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English required
- Demonstrated understanding of HR technical areas, such as compensation and benefits,
employment, job evaluation, salary administration, performance management and personnel development
- Computer proficiency in MS Office suite and Outlook ???