International Medical Corps
International Medical Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Start Over with Job Search
If you already have a profile?
Please login here
18-216: Roving Health Advisor - French-speaking
Essential Job Duties/Scope of Work:
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs.
Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
The Health Advisor works collaboratively within the multi-disciplinary technical team to continuously improve program quality through: developing and contributing to technical documentation, providing onsite and virtual technical assistance, assisting with resource mobilization and proposal development, support to partnership building, and strategic and operational planning. We are seeking French speaking health professionals with a significant background in emergency, transitional and development contexts for this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation
Leadership and Management
• Support implementation and analysis of health assessments, design, planning, implementation and monitoring of public health/health programs including onsite and remote project start-up;
• Explore opportunities for evolving the emergency response and transitional health programming to include operations research, learning and innovation, including identifying partnerships and collaborations with government and civil society agencies;
• Contribute actively to the design of integrated programming for health, FSL, nutrition, WASH, GBV, SRH and MHPSS in collaboration with HQ technical team and field staff;
• Provide technical input for new proposals, reports and external communications for International Medical Corps global;
• Develop/adapt and implement guidelines, protocols and standards for health interventions, including roll-out at field level in order to achieve the highest quality of program interventions;
• Support development of management/accountability mechanisms to ensure coherence between global, regional and national health policies and strategies and International Medical Corps work;
• Contribute to internal and global evidence building by identifying and pursuing funding opportunities for innovation and learning.
Capacity Building and Mentorship
• Identify & facilitate recruitment of public health and other technical program candidates for recruitment to country technical program positions in collaboration with the field teams and relevant HQ staff;
• Respond to specific health related requests and enquiries from country programs by undertaking relevant research, identifying appropriate technical expertise from within or external to the organization, undertaking capacity building of team members during field visits, and providing remote support through distance learning modalities;
• Design and deliver in-house training for International Medical Corps non-health staff on specific public health interventions.
Representation and Reporting
• Participate in and support the representation of International Medical Corps at relevant technical fora and donor meetings;
• Share evidence and best practice through formal and informal channels;
• Participate in networking on technical issues with other health NGOs with a view to identifying and facilitating partnership opportunities;
• Contribute to development of technical guidance notes, minimum standards, case studies and other documentation based upon collective priorities identified;
• Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive
• Please note that the duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive. This job description is subject to review to ensure that it reflects the strategic direction requirements of IMC UK and its affiliate.
Compliance & Ethics
Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive
Master's degree or higher in medicine or public health
At least 7 years’ experience implementing International Health field programs including humanitarian, transition and development programs
Good knowledge of US, European, multilateral and bilateral donors, including regulations, policies and requirements specific to the health sector
Commitment to be deployed at very short notice to respond to field or other international travel of 75% required
Demonstrated experience in health programming at headquarters level
Outstanding communications skills including the ability to write technical documents and deliver high level presentation
Specialist knowledge of public health
Support emergency response by deploying as part of the ERU as needed desired
Fluency in written and spoken English and French