International Medical Corps
International Medical Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Start Over with Job Search
If you already have a profile?
Please login here
18-271: Country Logistics Manager
Essential Job Duties/Scope of Work:
International Medical Corps (IMC) is an international humanitarian organization with established operations in Iraq since 2003. Since then, our presence in Iraq has been uninterrupted. Our operational experience of all 18 governorates has generated valuable and productive relationships with Iraqi and Kurdish local authorities, as well as UN agencies, and local and international nongovernmental organizations.
Our integrated approach to service provision allows our primary health care service providers to work hand in hand with our mental health and gender-based violence (GBV) interventions while our direct services are offered through mobile medical units and static clinics to deliver primary health care, mental health and psychosocial services, and GBV community support and prevention wherever it is needed most. Capacity building is an important component of all our programming as is focusing on delivering assistance to vulnerable communities. We make every effort to identify sub-groups within refugee, internally displaced, host and returnee populations that are potentially vulnerable, including persons with disabilities, women, children and adolescents, and older persons.
International Medical Corps’ geographic positioning in Iraq is based upon the medical and health needs encountered in various parts of the country, with IMC opening new primary health care centers, women’s centers, medical units and other health facilities throughout the country. Conversely, where it has met the needs of the local communities and established sustainable health care, will move those assets, both human and physical to where the need is the most in Iraq. Thus, IMC is a responsive and mobile provider of emergency medical and health care, serving the people of Iraq, and bolstering the Ministry of Health to be able to provide continued health care in a sustainable manner.
The Roving Logistics Manager, is responsible to and accountable for, the Logistics Coordinator for improvements in different logistical functions including supply chain management, fleet management, assets, and communications in coordination with the logistics staff. This includes providing technical support and planning support to future initiatives to increase the in-country logistics capacity. The latter requires a highly motivated and detail solution-oriented individual who will be able to resolve operational critical challenges as they arise.
The Logistics Manager contributes to ensuring IMC’s commitment to improving quality and accountability in humanitarian work is upheld, through reference to the Sphere Charter, IMC Minimum Standards and the NGO Code of Conduct.
• Move in country and provide support to field logistics teams. Adopt a roving management style, remaining on standby for relocation and support where required.
• Conduct market analysis, capture key field information and translate into data driven action points.
• Support the identification and implementation of long term agreements.
• Assist in building the capacity of the logistics staff on IMC policies and procedures.
• Build the capacity of logistics staff to be able to provide input during proposal development with emphasis on support costs and logistics for implementation.
• Lead, manage and motivate a team, ensuring that they have clear objectives and receive meaningful feedback on their performance.
• Academic degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Engineering or related field.
o Medical Logistics is desirable
• Commitment to and understanding of IMC’s aims, values and principles
• Technical degree or a certification in related field with significant related experience
• Minimum 4-5 years of field experience in logistics
• Experience working with non-governmental organizations
• Experience in vehicle and fleet management, procurement and warehousing.
• Extensive experience in logistics management
• Experience of building and developing the capacity of logistics staff through the use of training, performance management frameworks and development plans.
• Excellent team management skills: proactivity and transparency are absolute must.
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with analytical approach.
• Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills
• Strong leadership skills.
• Strong orientation toward customers’ satisfaction.
• Fluency in written and spoken English.
• Proficiency with MS Word and Excel (advanced skills).